Transforming treatment in burns
ALTRAZEAL has demonstrated the ability to promote healing, as well as optimal patient comfort in the treatment of burns. This unique powder dressing can help promote healing in superficial, as well as some partial thickness burns. ALTRAZEAL has also been shown to promote the formation of granulation tissue,1 which may enable earlier introduction of skin grafting, where appropriate.
The unique flexibility and breathability of ALTRAZEAL may provide greater mobility and comfort for patients versus other dressing types. The scientifically-engineered dressing structure allows for the optimal flow of exudate from the wound and oxygen to the wound, while providing a barrier to bacteria.
What types of burns are appropriate for ALTRAZEAL?
- Superficial (first-degree) burns affect only the outer layer (epidermis) of the skin. Symptoms may include redness, swelling, pain or discomfort.2 Use ALTRAZEAL in the presence of exudate.
- Partial thickness (second-degree) burns affect both the outer (epidermis) and underlying layer (dermis) of skin. Symptoms may include redness, swelling, blistering, pain or discomfort.2 Use ALTRAZEAL in the presence of exudate. When skin grafts are appropriate, ALTRAZEAL may be used to protect and promote a healthy wound-healing environment.
- Data on file. ULURU, Inc.
- Medline Plus. Available at: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000030.htm. Accessed September 23, 2008.
- American Burn Association website. Available at: http://www.ameriburn.org/resources_factsheet.php. Accessed October 6, 2008.